Description of the pilot site and expected outcomes
The pilot site consists of a decentralized PSAP architecture where number of regional PSAPs is in place. For the initial testing purposes a dedicated testing platform will be used. It is planned that subsequent real implementation of eCall in the Czech Republic will be realised on 1 or 2 of all existing public PSAPs, which will provide, together with the reception of 112 calls, also the reception of eCall.
The benefits from successfully completed European eCall Pilot are:
- timely provision of information identifying the place of road accident to emergency service
- the removal of language barriers between the caller and the rescue team
- enabling a timely response to human life rescue and mitigating the impacts of serious injuries caused by delayed emergency action
- better preparations for intervening emergency personnel due to receiving information from vehicle safety elements.
Thanks to the European project also other national stakeholders, apart from the rescue team, will be able to get involved in the project and take part in the whole eCall service chain, while having the opportunity of preparing themselves for the introduction of the eCall service in the Czech Republic.
Czech Republic core pilot team
Member State Leader: Ministry of Transport
Contact point: Mr Martin Pichl - firstname.lastname@example.org
Member State Co-Leader: Ministry of Interior - Directorate General of the Fire and Rescue Services
Contact point: Mr Jan Urbánek - email@example.com
State organisation: Road and Motorway Directorate of the Czech Republic
Proper implementation of the pilot project: Telefónica Czech Republic, a.s.
Subcontractors of the company Telefónica Czech Republic, a.s.:
- Technology Provider - Positioning Applications: TELEMATIX SOFTWARE a.s.
- Technology Provider - Automotive Electronics Provider: SHERLOG TRACE, a.s.
- Technology Provider - Communication: INTENS Corporation s.r.o.
- Technology Provider - VIN decoder: IRIS IDENT s.r.o.
- System design, pilot testing evaluation: Czech Technical University in Prague
- Car Fleet Operator: Kapsch Telematic Services spol. s.r.o.
- Car Fleet Operator: ÚAMK a.s. (central auto-moto club)
- Technology Provider - PSAP operation system: VÍTKOVICE IT SOLUTIONS a.s. (former MEDIUM SOFT a.s.)
- Technology Provider - PSAP operation system: NextiraOne Czech s.r.o.